Saturday, May 24, 2008

Au pair!

How many people can boast of a job that houses them on the third floor of a mansion in Connecticut, a hotel in Paris, a hotel in St. Tropez, and the opportunity to communicate in a foreign language while taking care of two eleven-year-old girls?

This is my job. *insert shouting, dancing and clapping here*

I will be leaving on Friday to spend two weeks in Connecticut where I will begin my job as a nanny for a little girl and her friend. We will then leave with the one's family to vacation in France for a month. That's right everyone...I'm going back! I'm looking forward to keeping up with this blog and documenting my adventures (including photos), and I hope you will enjoy them as well.

The diaries won't end there, however. When I get back I shall be traveling to Mexico where I will spend a week with Isabel, my roommate from last semester in Paris. Following that, I will then part for France one more time and land myself in Créteil where I will be teaching English at a French school from October to April. It looks like there's a lot in store for my life over the next several months, and I am looking forward with anticipation, sadness at having to leave the one I love, and yet determination to experience every moment to its fullest.

In the words of Miranda July as she writes about the escaping dog named Potato in the 21st edition of McSweeny's...."Live the dream Potato! Live the dream."

No comments: